2013 TRUCK PULL RULES
5,000 lb., 2-WHEEL DRIVE, MID-SIZE TRUCKS
1. Trucks must maintain factory appearance.
2. No alcohol nitrous oxide allowed.
3. Wheelbase is to be a maximum of 144 inches from the center of the front spindle to the center of
the rear axle.
4. Wheels must be no wider than 12”. Tire size is to be a maximum of 33 x 12.50 x 15 or 16, DOT
regulation, no cut or shaved tires allowed.
5. One (1) ton rear differential maximum.
6. One (1) transmission, four/five speed or automatic allowed.
7. Hitch: Must be stationary in all directions;
Length: Center axle housing to back inside of hook hole 48” maximum;
Height: 30” maximum.
Anchor point of front hitch pin 48” maximum; hole 3” minimum; 1” minimum around hole.
8. Length of truck from center of rear axle to front of weights not to exceed 178”. No weights in cab.
Rear weights allowed.
9. Hoods mandatory.
10. Driver’s seat may be positioned on left, right, or center of cab.
11. Engine under hood. If firewall is cut, it must be shielded to protect the driver.
12. Must have a kill switch for the electrical fuel pump and ignition system.
13. Spark plug shields are mandatory, top of oil pan to bottom of head.
14. Battery cannot be located in driver’s compartment.
15. Front windshield mandatory, other glass optional.
16. No fuel tanks or fuel lines allowed in driver’s compartment.
17. Fire extinguishers mandatory.
18. Must have wheelie bars, no roller or wheels. Each wheelie bar must be able to support the weight
of the truck.
19. Shields are required around universal joints.
20. Safety bell housing is mandatory on four/five speed transmissions. Transmission blanket is
mandatory on automatic transmissions.
21. Helmets mandatory.
22. Brakes mandatory.
23. Cast iron after market heads allowed.
24. Small block cast iron after market blocks allowed.
25. Fire suits are mandatory, unless firewall is utilized.
26. Small block V-8’s only. Any single carburetor intake. Cast iron or aluminum intake.
27. Any camshaft.
28. One 4-barrel carburetor only.
29. Any battery powered ignition allowed.
30. Engine position in front of firewall.
31. No blowers or turbos.
32. Pump fuel or racing gas only.
33. Headers downswept or upright.
BIG BLOCK STOCK
1. All trucks must be naturally aspirated. No nitrous oxide, racing fuels or alcohol permitted.
2. Hitch height will be 26” maximum. Height hitch measures 26” from pin.
3. Absolutely no double clutches.
4. Can run aftermarket distributor.
5. Can run manual or electric fuel pumps.
6. Can run open headers - downward only.
7. Can run aluminum intake.
8. Can run up to 850 duel line.
9. 485 cubic inch limit.
10. No electric water pumps.
11. Can run electric fan.
12. Must run factory heads and factory block.
13. Can run 10" weight bracket from front frame.
14. No cut gears in transmission.
15. Motor should be in factory position.
16. No dual wheels, chains, or studs allowed. DOT street tires only, maximum size 33 x 12.50.
17. A trailer hitch is recommended with clevis. No alteration. No more than 6” recess. If pulling from
bumper, committee will determine if safe or not.
18. No blocked or solid suspension. No traction bars. Springs must be factory springs for make of
truck (no two-ton or semi springs, etc.). No more than 8 springs maximum. Factory clamp only.
19. If have bumper, must be OEM.
20. Must have factory frame and complete body. No wheel base modifications.
21. Engine must be factory in position and direction.
22. Carburetor, intake and heads must be OEM. No Bowtie.
23. Helmets are recommended.
24. Hitch must drop in 3” hook. Must pull from back of truck rails.
25. Single disc clutch only. Slipper clutch allowed.
26. All accessories (alternators, water pumps, etc.)
HOT STREET SMALL BLOCK - 6,200 lbs.
1. No dry sump motors.
2. No nitrous oxide allowed.
3. Frame must be OEM.
4. Solid suspensions allowed in rear.
5. Hanging weights allowed. No point weight box to exceed 60" from center of front differential -
small tow hook or D ring allowed for towing purposes.
6. Hitch height 26”- hitch has to be flat hitch 1 1/2" in any direction. Back part of hole has to be at
least a 3" hole. Rigid all directions. Must accept a 3" drop in hook.
7. Hitch point must be at least 36% of wheelbase, measure from center of rear differential to back of
8. Open headers allowed, upright okay.
9. Aluminum intake allowed, no tunnel rams.
10. Carburetor limited to one 4 barrel 4150. No fuel injection. Adapters allowed up to 2”. Dual line
11. Tires must be DOT legal, no larger than 33 x 12.50.
12. Must have SFI safety approved bell housing or blanket IF automatic SFI approved harmonic
balancer or cover. Must have fender wells IF not shields to cover the motor.
13. Must be naturally aspirated, racing fuel only, no nitrous oxide, no alcohol, no mixes.
14. Must have drive shaft loops to cover each universal joint.
15. Helmets are mandatory, fire suits are recommended.
16. Must have kill switch.
17. One ton rear ends only. No military rear ends.
18. Aluminum heads - degree on heads are stock degree for OEM heads: 18 degree - Dodge; 19
degree - Ford; 23 degree - Chevy. No aluminum blocks.
19. Must have factory wheelbase
20. Must have fire extinguisher.
21. 468 cubic inch limit.
Protest: No warnings will be given out. $800.00 tear down; $350.00 to be pumped. Protest must be
done within ten minutes from competition of class. Only truck owner and tech official near vehicle.
HOT STOCK - 6,000 lbs.
1. Kill switch mandatory, must be operable, not tied, will be checked for function.
2. No nitrous oxide allowed.
3. Hitch height 26” maximum - hitch has to be flat hitch 1 1/2" in any direction. Back part of hole
has to be at least 3" hole. Rigid in all directions. Must accept 3" drop in hook.
4. No part of front weight bracket to extend more than 60” from center of front differential. Small tow
hook or D ring allowed for towing purposes.
5. Hitch point must be at least 36% of wheelbase. Measure from center of rear differential to the
back of hole.
6. One gas only carburetor. Must be naturally aspirated, no turbo, no nitrous additive, no alcohol. No
7. Tires must be DOT legal, no larger than 33 x 12.50.
8. Open headers allowed, can be down swept or upright.
9. Pro fab transfer case allowed or factory.
10. Wheelbase maximum 134”.
11. 509 cubic inch limit.
12. Must have SFI safety approved bell housing blanket IF automatic Must have SFI approved
harmonic balancer or cover.
13. Must have drive shaft loops to cover universal joints.
14. Helmets, fire extinguisher, and fire suits are mandatory.
15. 1 ½ ton rear ends allowed, no military rear ends.
16. 106 or bigger housings or stumps allowed.
17. Engine must be less than 12" from block saver plate to center of axle.
18. Truck must have fender wells, sheet metal, or aluminum to cover motor from end to end. Trucks
must have a floor in bed or cover.
19. Trucks must be full body. No rangers or S-10's, etc. bodies.
20. No warning.
21. Substitute one time.
Protest: $800.00 for tear downs; $350.00 to be pumped. Only truck owner and tech official near
vehicle. Protest must be done within ten minutes from competition of class.
1. Weight limit 8,000 pounds.
2. Helmets are recommended.
Recommended that all trucks have safety equipment: fuels shut offs, kill switches, scatter blankets,
drive line loops, fire extinguishers, etc.
3. Swinging weights allowed.
4. Hitch height 26" maximum.
5. No bigger than a 2.6 inlet bore, no adapters, no plug turbos, no chargers.
6. No nitrious, not water meth injections.
Points rule: At any time your truck breaks, will be allowed to substitute a truck for points once during