2013 MUDRACE RULES
Modified and Pro Stock classes will be inspected for safety issues.
1. Tires: any size DOT cut tires allowed, Vera-Trax allowed.
2. Carburetor: any carburetor combination, fuel injection allowed, nitrous oxide and/or
alcohol will be allowed. No nitro, no blowers.
3. Any type of frame, suspension, and body must be some type of fiberglass or metal.
4. Must have 6-point roll cage.
5. Kill switch will be on all vehicles in addition to the other kill switches already in place.
6. Must have a 5-point harness and full-face helmet and face shield. No exceptions, if you do
not have one, you will not be allowed to run. (Recommended Nomex under helmet).
7. Tracking will be allowed in this class, one truck length through lights.
8. Safety: both general and safety rules apply.
9. Slipper clutch transmissions will be allowed.
1. Tires: any size DOT (no cuts).
2. Body: any factory body (Metal or fiberglass). Gutting allowed but must have bedsides.
Wheels and tires must match up under fenders, as far as length is concerned. All doors and
sheet metal must be in place.
3. Engine: engine swaps allowed. No aluminum blocks. Motor can be set back no more than
6” from differential of the leading head.
4. Absolutely no slipper clutches allowed of any type.
5. Carburetor: single carburetor, no nitrous or alcohol mixes.
6. Exhaust: up or downdraft headers allowed.
7. Roll cage: 6-point roll cage required.
8. Nitrous: absolutely nothing to do with nitrous can be on a Pro Stock vehicle. This means
absolutely no lines, plates, and brackets to hold the NOS bottle or anything pertaining to
Nitrous. If truck has any of the things, it will automatically be moved up to modified.
9. Safety: both general and safety rules apply.
10. There will be no tracking in this class.
11. Suspensions: three link suspension will be allowed.
1. Tires: any size DOT (no cuts).
2. Body: factory body and frame, front fenders may be cut no more that 3” to get clearance
of tires. Absolutely no altering or gutting in any other form. Nets can be used in place of
3. Engine: no engine swaps. No aluminum blocks or heads. Aftermarket heads allowed.
Replacement after market block allowed. 600 cubic inch limit. We do have pump to test it. Up
right or down draft headers are okay.
4. Carburetor: single carburetor, no nitrous or alcohol mixes.
5. Suspension: stock lift kits, traction bars, and factory bars allowed.
6. Gas tanks: stock tank in stock location or fuel cell in bed allowed.
7. Seats: seats will be in place, you may have a race seat, but you must have a passenger
seat in place.
8. Aluminum intakes are allowed.
9. Open and soft top vehicles must have roll bars.
10. All vehicles in this class will be considered “street legal”. All glass will be in place. Lights
will be operational. Wipers, fans, etc. will be in place, but do not have to operational.
11. Seat belts and helmets mandatory.
12. Safety: both general and safety rules will apply.
13. There will be no tracking in this class.
14. Each vehicle will have one race to conform to cosmetic rules.
15. Flat bed trucks will be allowed in this class, wooden or metal beds are allowed.
1. Aftermarket intake and/or headers okay.
2. Body or suspension lifts okay.
3. Hydraulic or solid flat tappet cams okay.
4. No electric or air shifters.
5. No cut tires.
6. Mechanical secondary carbs okay.
7. Racing fuel or pump gas only. No nitrous or alcohol mixes.
8. Aftermarket ignition systems or rev limiters okay.
9. Must pull 10” vacuum at/below 1200 rpm; to be checked at PVC or brake booster.
10. No aftermarket heads or blocks.
11. No dominators; 850 CFM limit.
12. No 502 blocks or 514 crate engines.
13. Upright headers and roller cams are allowed.
14. Cubic inch limit has been added - 518 cubic inch.
15. The first, second, and third place trucks will be checked at random. We do have the
pumps to check them.
1. This is strictly a street stock class. No race trucks are allowed. No roller cams.
2. Must have smooth idle. Must be able to pull 17” of vacuum at 1,000 RPMs. Vacuum will be
checked randomly at tech official discretion. No vacuum pumps.
3. Tires: DOT tires allowed, no cut or mismatched tires.
4. Headers: headers are allowed, but must be capped.
5. Lift kits allowed.
6. Dual exhausts allowed. Exhaust must come past back axle (outside or out the back).
7. Aluminum intakes allowed.
8. No aluminum heads.
9. No double pumper carbs, no dual lines, no dominators. Single line 650 CFM.
10. Body: must have no less than factory number of springs, truck must set level or higher in
11. Must have factory transmission. (No stall converters or trans brakes).
12. Ratchet shifters allowed. (No air or electric shifters).
13. Must have factory fuel pump.
14. All accessories must be in place (fans, alternators, belts, etc.).
15. No tracking.
16. Both general and safety rules apply.
17. This class will be looked at objectively. Tech officials’ decisions will be final!
18. All vehicles with removable tops must have tops or canvas snap ons.
19. No 502 Motors.
20. Must have minimum of four leaf springs.
21. Cubic inch limit has been added - 496 cubic inch.
22. The first, second, and third place trucks will be checked at random. We do have the pump
to check them.
23. Roller rockers are allowed.
**** Will take valve cover off and check for roller cams and etc. -- cost $65.00.
COUNTY AND SURROUNDING
1. No race trucks allowed.
2. Driver must have valid drivers license of county event being held.
3. Truck must be licensed and insured.
4. Any truck running for points in street stock class will not be allowed to participate in county
5. Headers and dual exhaust allowed. Headers must be capped.
6. Engine: entire engine must be OEM, no MSD, etc. Ignitions allowed.
7. DOT tires only, no cuts or mismatched tires.
8. All accessories must be in place and operational.
9. Must have factory transmission. No stall converters or trans brakes.
10. No tracking.
11. General and safety rules apply.
12. Must have a minimum of four leaf springs.
13. Any truck competing for points must run a 650 CMF. Must pump 18” vacuum. Bumpers
and accessories must be in place.